Linen is an ancient, sustainable natural fibre spun from the flax plant. Flax itself is naturally resistant to pests and therefore practically no pesticides nor herbicides are necessary to grow these eco-friendly stem fibre plants. Flax plants produce large amounts of useable fibre per acre and do not require irrigation.
To create Studio Linen, industrial waste linen fibres are selected, undone and re-spun with 15% premium natural linen fibres to create a beautiful and unique recycled yarn. With a dry hand feel, cool drape and subtle sheen, a yarn that just gets better with wear and age. An ancient fibre recycled for a modern maker.
Click a swatch circle above to bring up the matching photo for that colour variant. Colour accuracy will vary by device.
Dye Lots: Where you see the same colour listed twice but with a different 'L#' suffix, this is indicating there are 2 dye lots in stock. For example 'Linen-L11' and 'Linen-L12' are the same colour but from different dye lots.
- Fiber Content: 4-ply 85% Viscose (Recycled Linen) / 15% Linen
- DK Weight: 50g / 131yds / 120m
- Needle Size: 5 - 7 US / 3.5-4.5mm
- 21-24 sts per 4 inches / 10cm (Suggested gauge only)
- Hook Size: 7 - I-9 US / 4.50-5.5mm
- 12-17 sc per 4 inches / 10cm (Suggested gauge only)
- Machine washable (30°)
For better longevity we always suggest:
- Hand wash in tepid water using a mild soap.
- Do not agitate or twist.
- Shape and dry on a flat towel.