Soft Silk Mohair
Knitting for Olive Soft Silk Mohair is a luxurious blend of the finest kid mohair and mulberry silk.
Their mohair comes from angora goats bred in South Africa, and the yarn is also produced locally. The yarns are traceable back to the individual farms, which means they know exactly which farms, farmers, and goats the wool comes from.
Their mohair is certified sustainable and RMS (Responsible Mohair Standard). The yarn is produced with high respect for animal wellbeing, and with social responsibility. Knitting for Olive's spinning mill follows ethical, technical and environmental standards, creating yarns free from harmful chemicals.
The Silk in the Soft Silk Mohair is cruelty free. The silk fibres are collected from cocoons after the chrysalises are allowed to mature into moths and escape. This means that the silk worms are not killed in the process as they are in conventional silk production.
The yarn is STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® certified. Learn more.
We advise that mohair is not particularly suitable for children 1 year old and under, since the lightweight mohair fibers, while perfectly safe, can cause mild irritation if babies get them in their mouths.
Knitting for Olive Soft Silk Mohair can be used together with a strand from a companion yarn.
Click a swatch circle above to bring up the matching photo for that colour variant. Colour accuracy will vary by device.
- Fiber Content: 70% Mohair / 30% Silk, REACH Standard
- Lace Weight: 25g / 246yds / 225m
- Needle Size: 000-1 US / 1.5-2.25mm
- 33 - 40 sts per 4 inches / 10cm (Suggested gauge only)
- Hook Size: Steel 6-8 US, Regular Hook B-1 US / Steel 1.6-1.4mm, Regular Hook 2.25mm
- 32-42 sc per 4 inches / 10cm (Suggested gauge only)
- Hand wash in tepid water using a mild soap.
- Do not agitate or twist.
- Shape and dry on a flat towel.