Knitting for Olive Pure Silk is a soft, exclusive yarn of pure bourette silk (raw silk) produced from silk fibers collected from cocoons after the chrysalises are allowed to mature into moths and escape.
Silk has extensive heat-regulating qualities and can therefore be used in garments all year round. Silk can absorb up to30% of its weight in moisture while still feeling dry against your skin, so it is especially suitable for summer wear. At the same time, silk, like wool, has insulating properties, retaining heat in cold weather.
The little butterfly on the label indicates that the chrysalids were allowed to evolve into butterflies, thereby allowing them to complete their life cycle.
Click a swatch circle above to bring up the matching photo for that colour variant. Colour accuracy will vary by device.
- Fiber Content: 100% Silk
- Fingering Weight: 50g / 273yds / 250m
- Needle Size: 1-3 US / 2.25-3.25mm
- 27-32 sts per 4 inches / 10cm (Suggested gauge only)
- Hook Size: B-1 to E-4 US / 2.25-3.5mm
- 21-32 sc per 4 inches / 10cm (Suggested gauge only)
- Hand wash in tepid water using a mild soap.
- Do not agitate or twist.
- Shape and dry on a flat towel.