Badger and Bloom Sweater Kit in Blue Sky Fiber Techno
This pre-order will be open for 1 week, closing October 23, 2023 at 8am MDT.
Orders will be ready late November, 2023.
We are happy to offer you pre-order pricing on these kits at 5% off ($30/skein compared to $31.50/skein).
We recently knit the Badger and Bloom Sweater and we can't say enough about this pattern by Anne Ventzel! If you have been wanting to expand your knowledge of stranded colourwork, including how colour dominance works, this is the pattern for you!
We would consider this pattern Advanced Beginner to Intermediate level. We did not size up in needles for the colourwork but would suggest that for those of you that tend to knit with a tighter tension. We also only used one cord, long enough to handle the body circumference and applied the magic loop technique for subsequent smaller circumference areas like the neckline and the sleeves. If you are not familiar with these techniques you will require all the listed needles found in the pattern (We've also listed these further down in this description under 'Materials Not Supplied').
Sweater is worked top down, with an Italian Cast On and Bind Off. For a less advanced project, the Italian cast-on can be replaced by a regular long-tail cast-on - just be aware of your tension so you aren't casting on too tightly. The Italian bind-off can also be replaced by another bind-off, again being mindful of your tension.
- Italian Cast On | Bind Off
- Top Down construction
- Twisted Rib at neckline, hem and cuffs
- Circular Yoke
- Stranded Colourwork with a high focus on colour dominance
- Short Rows
We used Blue Sky Fiber Techno which is a perfect substitute for the pattern's suggested CaMa Rose Snefnug (120 yards/50g).
Blue Sky Techno is a luxurious blend of 68% Baby Alpaca / 22% Silk / 10% Extra Fine Merino. Techno is a premium yarn that combines the finest natural fibers with modern technology. Its softness and drape will provide a comfortable feel against the skin, making it ideal for those with sensitive skin.
- Finer Content: 68% Baby Alpaca / 22% Silk / 10% Extra Fine Merino
- Light Bulky Weight: 50g / 120yds / 109m
- Needle Size: 10.5 US / 6.5mm
- Gauge: 3-5 stitches per inch / 2.5cm (Suggested gauge only)
- This pre-order kit is NON-REFUNDABLE and CANNOT be exchanged for something else.
- Each kit will include enough yarn for the size specified and the gauge indicated in the pattern. You should gauge swatch to ensure you are getting the intended pattern gauge to ensure you do not run out.
- Pattern can be bought on Ravelry at Badger and Bloom.
- This kit does not include needles. You can shop our selection of circular needles and tools here.
Some tips on fit:
- This sweater is meant to have ease so choose a size that is your true bust measurement plus 7 - 12 cm (approx 3 - 5”).
- True Bust is not your bra size - wearing a close fitting shirt (or none) measure around your torso at the fullest part of your bust. You will find this number to be larger than your bra size - that is a true bust measurement. (Bra size number uses your under-bust measurement).
- Do you have a favourite sweater at home with a similar fit to this project? Measure the bust circumference and choose the closest measurement for this project.
- Getting the right circumference means you don’t compromise the length because when it’s tighter at the bust the fabric is also pulling at the bust, which shortens up the body length.
- Be generous with your sizing to get a sweater you will love! This is gorgeous (but pricey) wool so you want to make a size that is comfortable so you will wear it for years to come.
- This wool will require extra care for optimum wear. We suggest a de-pill after every wear to keep it fresh and tidy. Don’t use a de-pilling device - just your fingers. We promise this beauty is worth the effort!!!
- Is this all too much? Come in for a visit and we can get you sorted. Wear a close fitting shirt because we will be measuring you.
Sizes: (XXS) XS (S) M (L) XL (XXL)
Finished Bust Circumference: (85) 90 (95) 100 (105) 110 (115) cm
Length: (53) 54 (55) 56 (57) 58 (59) cm
Sleeve length: (38) 39 (40) 41 (42) 43 (44) cm
Positive ease: 7 - 12 cm
Double-pointed needles: 4.50 mm
Circular needles: 4.50 mm, 5.00 mm and 6.00 mm, 40, 60 and 80 cm
Optional: 4.50 mm straight needle for the Italian cast-on
16 sts x 25 rows in stockinette stitch on a 5.00 mm needle = 10 x 10 cm
16 sts x 19 rows in pattern on a 6.00 mm needle = 10 x 10 cm
Color A: (200) 250 (250) 250 (300) 300 (350) g / (4) 5 (5) 5 (6) 6 (7) skeins
Color B: (150) 150 (150) 150 (150) 150 (150) g / (3) 3 (3) 3 (3) 3 (3) skeins
Materials NOT Supplied in this Kit:
- Pattern can be bought on Ravelry at: Badger and Bloom
- Double-pointed needles: 4.50 mm
- Circular needles: 4.50 mm, 5.00 mm and 6.00 mm, 40, 60 and 80 cm
- Optional: 4.50 mm straight needle for the Italian cast-on
- Tapestry needle to weave in ends
Sorry, there are no products in this collection