Le Petite Lambswool
What is lambswool? It is the first shearing of a sheep, considered to be the highest grade of wool. This is a pure lambswool from a family-owned fiber mill in Scotland. The wool is rustic and soft at the same time. The strands are thin and sturdy, presented in a way that feels like home. The ball bands are a print of the original handwritten band. Le Petit Lambswool is a spun woolen.
Note that Biches & Bûches is currently moving from hanks (or skeins) to bullet skeins (what we commonly call 'balls'). Our current stock is all in hanks with exception of the soft gold, which is in the new bullet skein format, as shown in the imagery.
Dye Lots: Where you see the same colour listed twice but with a different 'L#' suffix, this is indicating there are 2 dye lots in stock. For example 'Linen-L11' and 'Linen-L12' are the same colour but from different dye lots.
Click a swatch circle above to bring up the matching photo for that colour variant. Colour accuracy will vary by device.
- Fibre Content: 100% lambswool
- Fingering Weight 50g - 248 meters / 270 yards
- Tension/gauge : 22-24 stitches and 32 rows to 10 cm/4”
- Needle size 3mm/US2.5/ UK11 - 3.5mm/ US4/ UK9.5
- Hand wash in tepid water using a mild soap.
- Do not agitate or twist.
- Shape and dry flat on a towel.